Writers are forgetful,
but they remember everything.
They forget appointments and anniversaries,
but remember what you wore,
how you smelled,
on your first date…
They remember every story you’ve ever told them -
but forget what you’ve just said.
They don’t remember to water the plants
or take out the trash,
but they don’t forget how
to make you laugh.
Writers are forgetful
the important things.
From the philosophical perspective of the African musician, cross-beats can symbolize the challenging moments or emotional stress we all encounter. Playing cross-beats while fully grounded in the main beats, prepares one for maintaining a life-purpose while dealing with life’s challenges.
booboo, babe, baby, bro, bitch
if i call you one of those things you may use your best judgement as to which context i am using.
Anonymous asked: 1,2, 3, 7, 8, 11, 18, 19, 21, 25, 26, 28, 30, 34, 35 36, 38 and 39.
1. What’s a question you’re afraid to ask? To whom?
Why are you so Goddamn difficult? To…a person.
2. What’s something you hide about your personality?
That my feelings get hurt WAY more easily than people realize.
3. What’s something other people think about you that you don’t agree with?
That I’m some kind of badass. Every time I get to be friends with someone they say they were intimidated by me and I just don’t get it.
7. What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you?
Cook me dinner. Legit, I think one of the most meaningful gestures a person can offer is making someone else food.
8. Describe your favourite texture.
The silk edges of my baby blanket. No lie. And, yes, I still have it.
11. Which fictional character would you most like to have lunch with and why?
There is no possible way I could choose.
18. Which Disney Princess do you most identify with and why? Which is your favourite and why? And yes- ANYONE can answer this question.
I don’t identify with any of them. At all. Mulan is my favorite though cause she’s a fuckin’ badass.
19. You’re an Action Movie Hero. What’s your weapon of choice and the line you scream when defeating your arch enemy?
Machine gun. And “fuck off.”
21. What did you think about before you fell asleep last night?
How frustratingly impossible some people can be.
25. How do you think you will fare when the Zombie Apocalypse arrives?
Here is why more people should hang around me: If zombies ever show up, I guarantee you’d be safe with me. Because I’m slow as fuck, and I have neither a fight nor flight response. I have a lay down and die response.
26. Which mythological creature are you most like? Why? And if you could be any mythological creature, which would you want to be? Why?
I don’t even know any mythological creatures. A unicorn? Is a unicorn mythological? We’ll go with that.
28. Describe one of the most awkward experiences of your life.
Life is an awkward moment as far as I’m concerned.
30. List 5 quirky things about yourself.
I’m not particularly quirky. Although I feel like in this age of hipsters not being quirky is quirky.
34. Do you have any “rules” about food?
It has to taste good. And I eat it. That’s about it.
35. What’s your opinion on age differences in relationships?
If someone is old enough to biologically be your parent/child, they are too old/young for you. Clearly, it all also has to be legal as well.
36. What’s something you want to do that you’d be embarrassed to tell other people about?
Umm…I don’t really want to do any embarrassing things. I guess I’d only be embarrassed to tell people my goals in the event I don’t accomplish them…they aren’t embarrassing in and of themselves.
38. How do you approach social situations?
Balls to the wall. Just go do it. Realize I’ll probably do/say something awkward and while I will relive that moment over and over in my head, it’s unlikely anyone else will notice, realize or care that it happened. If people DO notice awkward behavior, play it off like a joke.
39. What is your ideal bed? Why?
My bed. It’s a full, which is the perfect size for just me. All 6 of my pillows. A shit fuck ton of blankets. The ONLY thing I’d prefer is if it was longer. I’m too tall for it :(
lostandfoundandfoundagain asked: 10, 21, 23, 28
10. What do your socks look like? im not wearing socks, atm. however when i wear socks i ALWAYS wear white ankle socks with the higher back so my shoes dont hurt me
21. Have your friends ever randomly stopped by your house? one time. in high school. a friend and i got in a really stupid fight and i was really upset and she stopped by my house just to say sorry. it was really cute. then i also lived in dorms and apartments that friends lived in the same building so they stopped by, but i feel like that doesnt really count.
23. What if you had a baby with the last person you texted? well the last person i texted was heather, so not possible. but theoretically, it would be probably the raddest baby to ever exist.
28. How do you think the year will end for you? like…literally? ill probably just hang at home and go to bed far before midnight. im not all about “the new year” and resolutions and all that mess. its just another day.
asia-necole-deactivated20111227 asked: 4, 5, 7, &20
4. Who was the last person you talked to last night before you went to bed? umm…my dog. shhh he’s a person.
5. Do you believe what goes around comes around? absolutely, 100%. i try very hard to only put out positivity. it doesnt always happen tho.
7. Have you been to any concerts this summer? ive been to see my friend’s band play…if that counts
20. What are you excited about? i am excited about everything. im in a place where i feel like everything is going right and im headed in the right direction. im nervous, but ridiculously excited.
asia-necole-deactivated20111227 asked: 1, 2, 3, & 4!
1: What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? My iPod is hooked up in my car, but I can almost guarantee it’s either something by Freelance Whales or something off the Wicked soundtrack. Yes, I have a wide range of musical tastes haha
2: What is one of your favorite quotes? I have a few. ”Only after we’ve lost everything are we free to do anything.” “Without rhythm there is no heartbeat.” And ”To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children…to leave the world a better place…to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”
3: What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? Early morning, it’s the only time I really have to myself/Sunday, because of football and lazy days/September or October, I love when it’s chilly but not freezing ass cold.
4: What sound do you love? Two favorite sounds: My dog weird noises when you scratch his ears, and the Chorale we played as a warm up in college marching band…gives me chills just thinking about it.
lily-rhodes-deactivated20111013 asked: 1, 7, 17, 22.
1-Describe myself in one word: Awesome
7-Is there anyone I would do anything for: My best friend, Nathan and my Goddaughter, Grace.
17-Top ten favorite movies:
-The Lion King
-10 Things I Hate About You
-I can’t even think of 10, I like everything…those are all movies I can quote all the way through haha
22-Celebrity crushes: EMMA STONE. Like it’s my job. Paul Rudd, Naya Rivera, Ke$ha…really anyone attractive. I don’t have high standards.
lily-rhodes-deactivated20111013 asked: 3, 4, 32, 33.
3-Perfect eye and hair colour combination for a boy/girl? I’m partial to dark hair and light eyes. But one of my coworkers pointed out that I hit on blondes the most, so…?
4-Any tattoos? What are they? I have a music note on my right hip. It was cheap, my roommate paid for it…and I want more haha
32-Where have you lived? Spent most of my life outside of Detroit. Moved to Bowling Green, Ohio for college, then up to Toledo, Ohio with my girlfriend at the time…now I’m back home.
33-Where would you like to live? I change my mind on that every day. Some days I’d like to go out west. Colorado, Arizona somewhere like that. Mostly I want to be in a big city, with my career goals it makes the most sense. I fell in love with Philadelphia when I was on vacation there…I love how you can be in some hip, modern area, walk a few blocks and stand where serious American history went down.
Anonymous asked: 2, 4, 11, 13, 20, 25 and 33!
4-My biggest insecurity: Umm…is it bad that I don’t really have one? Just not being liked, I guess. I need constant affection and reassurance that I’m awesome, so….
11-My favorite quote: Close tie between, “Without rhythm there is no heartbeat.” (which I’m planning on getting a tattoo of) and “It’s only after we lose everything that we’re free to do anything.”
13-Is there anyone I would do anything for: My best friend Nathan and my Goddaughter, Grace.
20-My idea of a perfect mate: Oh, God. Someone smart, someone who enjoys reading and learning. Someone who will challenge me and inspire me to be better without pressuring me. Someone funny, who I can play off of…they HAVE to be able to keep up with my sense of humor and sarcasm. Someone with goals, who’s motivated. I could go on forever…
25-Top 5 turn-ons/turn-offs
1. Intelligence…as in likes learning, seeks out information, reads for fun, etc.
2. Good sense of humor…understands sarcasm, plays along with jokes
3. Being motivated and having goals
4. Being calm and level headed…I tend to lose my temper, so people who are chill are just fascinating to me
5. Smelling good, gotta have one superficial thing ;)
1. Bad teeth
3. No goals
4. Not smart (especially if you’re not smart and you think it’s cute. Ignorance is not attractive!)
5. Smelling bad
33-Top 5 things I couldn’t live without: Honestly I don’t think there’s anything I couldn’t live without. Chapstick probably. And maybe my best friend so I didn’t lose my damn mind.
lily-rhodes-deactivated20111013 asked: 123456789
1-The person I like and why I like them: I have a ridiculous thing for this girl I went to school with, but barely know mostly because she’s pretty and interesting and flirty and I always take things too far.
2-A famous person I’ve been compared to: Honestly, no one that I can recall. My sense of humor has been compared to Kristen Wiig, that’s about it.
3-5 things that irritate me about the same sex/opposite sex: 1) Not saying flat out what you want from someone 2) Girly unnecessary drama 3) Emotional manipulation 4) Mind games 5) LYING
4-The best thing that has happened to me this week: Having good, quality time with one of my coworkers Friday afternoon.
5-Weird things I do when I’m alone: Sing, loudly and really badly. Eat anything and everything I can find. That’s really it…
Also, HI AMY!! :)